Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Full Moon

This came across on one of my email lists. It is about as spooky as I can get today! But what is more spooky might be the bars on the windows in the background! Today begins some serious studio time, I hope!!! I added one border to Kevin's quilt, sewed four more flowers to the hexagon quilt...

... and marked (what felt like hundreds of) squares to make into half square triangles for two other quilts. I also finished another pot holder using my own pattern of an apron block variation.
Upon working on Kevin's Quilt, I tried an idea out. I had a narrow border to put on that quilt and had pieced together strips on the diagonal. I then rolled them into a loose 'jelly-roll' and put that on the extra spindle of my Juki. It worked like a champ to be able to pull that strip off the spool as I needed it! The fabric strip goes from the back of the Juki, around to the front as it gets sewn onto the quilt. No more strips over my shoulder, falling on the floor, or being rolled over by the chair!!!
Since doing it this way, my handy hubby made a free standing spindle/spool out of a dowel rod, wood and acrylic. I hope to get a photo of it the next time I use it. I am planning to try this idea with the bias binding too!

Watch for my spooky post next time that should include a fungal bouquet!!! ;)

No comments: