Saturday, October 18, 2008

This is fun!

I am using plain clothesline from Wally-world on this project. It is about a quarter of an inch thick. The needle is a size 14. So far this is easier than the first coil using thicker cording. I am using binding clips (or hair clips, depending on which store you buy them at) to hold the un-sewn end of the fabric on the cording.

Just another angle.

Here is another angle still!

Here is the scary rat's-nest-snake, on the floor, near my machine. That is my post spooky. :)
I hope to make a rug out of this! I am using scraps from the old fashioned wedding ring quilt I am working on. What a great idea!
Yeah, me!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey Sherri- You can make baskets and bowls from wrapped cording too- start by making a little mat until the base is the size you want, than lift your completed work as it goes under the needle to shape the sides. We had a show and tell and mini workshop at my quilt guild a few months ago and some of the baskets shown were really great.

Sherri D said...

Oh I know Barbara! I will experiment with that next. I am just so tickled to really get rid of a lot of stash scraps! AND get a new kitchen rug too! lol
Thanks for visiting! I love sharing my projects. :)