Friday, May 8, 2009

Creative Prompt: LIGHT

I really had lots of ideas with this word! If you click on the picture you can see details better. From left to right the words are: bubbles are light, fabric; dark, medium light, rainbows, light hearted, light shimmers from my diamond ring, cotton candy, light hearted spirit, light bulb, light at the end of the tunnel, and at the bottom center it says light as a cloud and sun.

Several themes were going through my head with this prompt. The light at the end of the tunnel was the first thing I thought of. As I started this prompt, I was having major issues at work at the retail store. I purposely tried to think of more positive things to get through a rough week of emotional lows. Again, this creative prompt stuff has proved to be quite therapeutic! I shared my book of drawings with my sister-in-law last week and she enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I have always had an artistic flair. This book of sketching will be an interesting legacy to share and later to pass down to my children as well!

I still haven't found my mojo in my studio yet. Instead I have escaped to my hexagon quilting. I made three half flowers and two flowers over the past 24 hours!

We've had LOTS of rain this week. Today is overcast and very muggy. The photo below shows what it looked like about 48 hours ago here:

I am going to try to find that mojo in the studio again today. Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Jaye said...

Sherri,
I LOVE your doodle. It is really great. I love the way you gave the impression of a sunset or sunrise and then put your own little ideas in each sunbeam. Good work! I can really see your evolution.

Jaye said...

HEY! I hope you found your mojo in the studio. I just kept working until I found it. It took me awhile, but I did it. I started just putting Moda packs of squares together into a small quilt. Then I moved to just regular piecing - no art quilts. I finally made it back to working on an art quilt I started years ago. You can do it!!!

Alikat said...

OMG I love how you caught the lightening in your photograph :)

Sherri D said...

I wish I could take credit for the photo Ali but that was taken by someone else in the area. I DID get to see a lot like it these past few days. Last night was pretty loud for a few hours! lol

And thank you Jaye, I am still looking and using it being Mother's Day tomorrow as an excuse to spoil myself a trifle. I will post about it all tomorrow. (Sunday) :D