Because of the heat and our house layout, the studio is sweltering. I haven't done much in the way of machine sewing. I also shut my computer down for most of the day. That would be a good thing if I didn't have to shut the studio down too!
We are having a moat built outside at the same time:
Here is a window shot outside the studio:Ok, truth be told it is a french drain system that is being installed. We've had water and moisture issues in the crawlspace beneath the house. This should take care of that and give our house a longer lease on life!
I've been able to do a lot of hand sewing. I decided to make a second basket block for the guild's block-of-the-month:
The pattern has button centers, as an option, to add to the flowers. I haven't decided if I will do that yet or not. I now have two done:
I am working on the next go-around on the Cathedral Window quilt too. It just isn't fair that I get my mojo back and now cannot use the studio!!!
Just before the AC went out, I had made progress on the latest challenge quilt:
Here it is, already for the sewing machine work and thread painting:
Quilt On, Quilt Out