Friday, July 9, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon!!!

Some of you may recall that my muse had gone missing. Some of you offered wonderful suggestions on how to find her! I am happy to announce that she has been showing up again! In fact, over the past forty-eight hours, she's exploded in my studio!

I made six bags out of some happy-birthday novelty fabric I had, to take to the store to sell. Some were just plain drawstring types and some were origami bags. Sorry, I forgot to take photos! Someday I will take a photo of my little mini-booth at the store to show you what it looks like.

I am also working on a block-of-the-month for the guild for August's meeting. It has a lot of applique work and it is not a block pattern that I picked out. It has been very challenging for me to do! I have to attach the flowers and flower centers by hand yet:

An idea popped into my head for the landscape challenge too:

I worked on one of the accent strips for the U is for Unicorn quilt:

Meanwhile, outside, we have rather large moles, digging up our yard:

Last but not least are two of the blocks I am making for Anna Maria Horner's cause, RAINBOW AROUND THE BLOCK. She is asking for 12.5" blocks to help victims of the flooding in Tennessee. Click on the link if you want to help too. You don't have to be a quilter or make a block to help either! I did decide to make blocks though, and here are two of mine so far:
I plan to cut them and make them into a Disappearing Nine-Patch block.

PHEW! It is SO good to have my muse back! I feel better too.

Quilt on, Piece out,

1 comment:

Mary C said...

So glad your muse came back! Mine has been terribly lazy this spring and summer.