Sunday, January 16, 2011

A few blocks

My friend Jaye over on the Artquiltmaker blog, has requested star blocks for a family that lost their home to a fire. I sent two blocks to her a month ago. She asked for more blocks from anyone who wanted to make some, so I made four more and will send them to her next week.
I love this paper-pieced star pattern! I am going to ask her if she might be interested in that fabric next to the star blocks.

I made a second "Cherries Jubilee" block for the guild's block-of-the-month project. Now I have two! I tried a different color and technique for the stems too.
I ordered my background fabric for the "My Tweets" quilt project. I went with a pale blue background instead of plain white or stark black. I have made too many quilts with black backgrounds. I wanted this one to be a bright girly quilt! I think it will be too!

Hope everyone is doing ok out there! We are expecting rain. It will wash away the remnants of the snow we had. Have fun today! Now go sew something!!!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Can't wait for the blocks. They look great!