Saturday, May 28, 2011

Apple for the Teacher?

How about a bag instead?
My fourth grade son has four teachers that he wants to get something for at the end of this school year. I found this free nifty bag pattern online and made these up in just a few hours, over a couple days, from start to finish.

His homeroom teacher is getting this bag with pebbles all over it that have positive words.








His social studies teacher loves Snoopy, so this will be her bag.









His choir and music teacher is getting this bag. I thought the deep blue lining with the yellow/green lines reminded me of sound waves.







Finally, his advanced math and reading teacher is getting this bag.







All the bags have pockets around the outside that would be perfect for sunglasses or a cell phone. These would also work for knitting needles and yarn.
I hope his teachers like them. You can click on the pictures to see a larger photo that shows more detail if you want.

Now I am on to working on my regular quilting projects! I am having so much fun!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a teacher and quilter. What a special gift. Lovely. Victoria keikichineae@ blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Thank you Victoria, for your nice comment! We actually delivered two bags today and both teachers seemed to really be thrilled with them! :)

Jaye said...

I just got the Lisa Lam book which I think is called the Bag making Bible (40% off sale at Joann last weekend!). You are so creative that I think you would really like it.

Sherri said...

I will see if I can find that one here, tho our JoAnn's is lacking in such things these days. lol
Thanks Jaye!