Monday, May 23, 2011

Walking in the Rain.....

We've been getting much needed rain. Thankfully it has only been rain and not high winds! It wasn't long after this photo that it came down so hard you could hardly see across the street! Unfortunately my batteries were going wacky and I wasn't able to get that shot.

The bird bath is all filled up again!

At this stage of the 'Tweets' block, it gets pretty tedious. I have several more green leaves left to turn and press before moving on to the other block. Then I will glue them all in place at the same time, before hand sewing them down.
Do you see my little purple dumbbell? Besides exercising with them, I use them to hold the fabric in place on top of the pattern. It works quite well!

I also settled on the fabrics for the guild's block-of-the-month:
All in all it has been a productive day! I might work on some end of the year gifts for my son's teachers tomorrow. I am just not sure what to make for them this year! My friend Jaye has made pillows. They are SO creative! I love how she personalized them with each teacher's subject.

That is all for today. I need to start supper now and then settle in for some hand sewing while watching TV tonight. I hope you are having a great day!

No comments: