Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby It's Hot Outside!

It is hot in the studio too, but not temperature wise! Thank goodness for air conditioning!

I made another bag from the same pattern I used for the teacher bags. This one has a seashell theme:
It might show up better if you clicked on the photo below, but there is a little detail trim sewn around the top:
I put two little bamboo skewers in one of the pockets of the bag to show pockets. This is also why I think these would be great knitting or crocheting bags!
I am almost done sewing together the second test block for the guild's July block of the month:
Finally today I took a little photo of the fabric I make from fabric! I sew scraps together and trim and sew more together. Once I have big enough pieces, I make quilt tops with them. I love having these busy scrappy patches to play with.
They are made when I sew on or off the machine. I keep a pile of bits next to both machines so they are always at the ready!

I hope you are keeping cool today!
Happy Sewing!

No comments: