Friday, April 5, 2013

It is Off the Wall Friday time...

Every once in a while I participate in "Off the Wall Friday" over at Nina-Marie's blog. My contribution this week involves the ginormous dust bunny below:

Here is another shot of it. That black 'line' on the table
 is a 12 inch ruler to give you some idea of the size:
What it really is, is about half of the lint caught in the dryer when felting all that wool I am going to use to make a coat. I just couldn't toss out so much wool lint!!! I am going to try to felt it into a ball. I may use it to make pin cushions. I am not sure yet though.

I made a lot of progress on the Jingly Belle quilt. Here again, is block one, with cardinals:

 This is the first pieced block for the project:
 I had made this block already, using a different fabric for the green. The more I worked with the old green fabric, the more I didn't like the quality of it. So I remade this block, using a cardinal print for the green. It turned out ok!

Here is the pieced block, number two:
I struggled with getting the points right in this one. I finally decided I wasn't going to be so blasted fussy. Perfection sometimes is a negative. If mismatched points bother you, then don't look at my block! hahaha!

 Finally, the appliqued block, number two:
 Sorry for the blurry photo. It is 5:30am and my camera
 hasn't had enough coffee. 

I am ever working on the borders for the My Tweets quilt as well. I am almost done with 1/8th of the border work:

That is all I have for today. Alas, no studio time this weekend as we are performing at a renfaire! Hope you all have a delightful weekend with lots of sewing or art working!
Sew-On!

8 comments:

Nina Marie said...

this post just proves that quilters hate to throw literally anything away - I mean - gosh we can use it for something can't we? (grin) Love how your applique is coming and I'm glad someone has bigger dust bunnies than me!

Heather P said...

Whoa! Love the dust bunny! And the Jingly Belle quilt is coming along well.

Sylvia said...

That is a big pile of lint! I feel like everyone has to work to their own level of perfection. You get to decide whether you are going redo a point or not.

landscapelady said...

I think it's Joyce Becker uses dryer lint as embelishment on her art quilts. like on mountains etc. so there may be more than one use. check out my blog today _ I just scored with a bunch of wool for felting so I may have a lint ball of my own :-)

Sherri D said...

Thank you everyone, for your sweet comments and for taking the time to leave a comment!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Dryer lint, Jingle Belles, and sweet Tweets - what's not to love? Thanks for sharing!

Jaye said...

I have had your blog open in one of my tabs since you wrote the most recent post! I really have been trying to comment. That border piece is great. It looks very cheerful.

Jaye said...

I do hope you can jettison some tasks that are not MUST DO tasks and spend more time on the things you enjoy.