Thursday, January 10, 2019

Finding joy in receiving!

This may sound odd, but I found joy in accepting a gift from my husband that I didn't ask for and that I think is way overpriced for what it is. I have actually returned such gifts in the past. Isn't that horrid? This year, I was excited about it and let that emotion show. This year I showed appreciate for my generous loving husband. This  year I did not talk about returning it, being more practical in the process.

This year I found joy in his eyes. He adores me. We are close to having been married for 20 years. I found joy in accepting his gift. We can afford it. It is extravagant. It is useful too! It will make parts of my hobby, easier to do. Why would I ruin that by returning a gift that we shouldn't afford?

The joy in his face. THAT was priceless. :)

The present?  It was an Accuquilt Go! Big fabric cutter! It wasn't even on my Christmas list. lol I have mild arthritis and I know this will help me now and in the future so I can keep enjoying my hobby.
Thank you My Love! You're the best. 

Happy Sewing y'all

No comments: