Saturday, June 29, 2019

UFO Sighting and Sketches

I often get sidetracked when trying to finish my UFO's. I made this folding basket to use with sewing or crocheting. The fabric is from a set of drapes that I got for cheap at a rummage sale a few years ago. The pins were temporary. It is now all sewn together and being used. I like that it doesn't go all the way to the floor!

I bought this for $20 on FB Marketplace. It is about the size of a two drawer file cabinet.

The seat slides out from the base:



The seat flips open and has storage inside it:

And the top of the cabinet opens up for a sewing machine!

This label is inside the chair:
I've tried searching on it with no luck. The cabinet is similar to ones sold by Nechi and a few other sewing companies. I think it might be from the 1940's or 50's.

This is a simple shift that is made of linen. I like wearing it except for the neckline. It cuts into my neck.
So I cut a new neckline into it and trimmed it with some lace:
I am not quite happy with the lace yet, but the neckline is a lot more comfortable!

The other morning I went to get a top to wear and found this at the bottom of my closet:
The flange had broken. What a mess! After picking up all the clothes I cleaned out my closet and got a few cobwebs removed. A metal flange replaced the broken plastic one and all the clothes are back up.

Next up are my latest sketches. 
Remember, you can click on each one if you want to see a larger version of a particular drawing.
Also be sure to scroll down if you want to see the UFO sighting!










Oh look!!! It's a UFO!!!

  2019 UFO LIST
UFO = UnFinished Object
1. Hexagon Quilt
2. Cathedral Windows Quilt
3. Folk Art Quilt

4. Whoo Quilt
5. Bonnie Hunter 2018 BOM
6. AQG Mystery Quilt #1

7. Charlie Brown Christmas
8. Re-quilt Insanity quilt
9. Flannel donation quilt
10. Brown donation quilt


I have four of my UFO's done and two more are about halfway quilted.  It is so rewarding to cross some of these off my list!

That's it for this time. Until we meet again, Happy Sewing Y'all!

2 comments:

Crowbat said...

Love the sketches, not so much the closet. I should make a UFO list, but am afraid it would terrify me.

Jaye said...

I am so thrilled about your progress on your UFOs!!! Great work.

I see the cabinet now. I have one like that for my great grandmother's Necchi. I don't know when she bought it - maybe in the 1940s, but she was born in 1899 or 1900 and she would have been over 40. She was a seamstress, so unless she traded up to the Necchi, I think she would have had an older machine. the cabinet acts as my night table now, so it is a little hard to access and look for info.