Friday, July 19, 2019

Sketchbook catchup

Here are the latest sketches. Some have extra info with them, some are self explanatory, and some are just markings on paper. All are art. We can all do art.






Turned out it was pre-cancer, but I heard the C word and worried



If you belong to a guild, this drawing makes a lot of sense!





This sketch was from the photo I took, shown below:.





Had the procedure done on this day. The incision is a bit over two inches and isn't too sore. I was glad I was facing this huge window and could watch the clouds while it was going on. I was happier that no cancer cells were found!
This last one is because of politics. I am so afraid for the future of our country. I was also inspired by a work I saw of a French engraver Louis-Henri Breviere, done in 1842. His work was depicting Cholera. I sometimes think of our current country as having a disease that is spreading too.

Okay, enough of the art work. I need to go sew labels on my quilts for the show. I am laid up for a week with the healing process of the Mohs procedure. It will be a good time for hand sewing.

Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

2 comments:

Crowbat said...

I so admire your sketches. I really want to try it myself, but don't' have our spontaneity. That's a special kind of talent. And YAY!!!!!!!!!! to no cancer!!!!!!

Sherri said...

That is what is so good about doing these sketches. Sometimes I know what I am going to draw. Sometimes I sit and ponder for a long time. Once an idea comes in my head, I just draw. Some turn out kinda neat. Many are pretty lame. Each time though, something is drawn. You can do it too!