Friday, September 6, 2019

Sketches, but also more than sketches!

Hello everybody! I am here with a new posting. I apologize for the previous posting that had photo issues. I think I fixed them and that this posting will work as it should. The photos should be able to be clicked on to enlarge them.

I've had a busy week!

I don't do a lot of alterations, but the girlfriend of my former trainer asked me to help her with some hemming and repair work. I had a hard time figuring out what to charge her. This was my version of "The Family Rate".
$35 for two simple hems, one complex hem, a sweater tear weave, and a bra under-wire repair. Fair or not?
I have added a few more dog photos for this posting. Dexter is here, all stretched out on the sofa with his blanket and favorite toys.

This is not dog food. It is shredded beef roast, noodles, and veggies, all in a crock pot. It was so good! I served it with cornbread. I save leftover meats and veggies to make stews, soups, and hot dishes all the time. It might not be pretty but it is hardy and yummy!

I have started a new project. I have all these bobbins from years of projects and a few class leftovers. I bought some white cotton terrycloth and cut it up into 7"x11" rectangles. I will use the bobbins as both top and bottom threads. I am going to use my decorative stitch settings on my Pfaff to go around the edges. That will keep them from fraying. These will be used as reusable paper towels! So many times I feel guilty using a paper towel when a little rag would work better. We shall see how this experiment goes!

Roxy is peeking at me from under my laptop's lap table. She's telling me it is time for supper. She's so demanding! hahaha

I have issues when I try to sew clothing. I was inspired by this fabric though. It is a panda knit that is perfect for lounge-wear. I got a simple pattern and made this for my panda-loving (adult) daughter.
 It not only fit her, but she loves it!
Maybe I will try one for myself?

I put a new blanket on the sofa and Roxy went over and sniffed the heck out of it. Why? Because it had been in my son's dorm room at college. She likes my son and I am sure she was catching his scent on the blanket. Silly dog.

My husband had a heart attack last month. (He's doing well now.) We went in for his first followup appointment yesterday. The doctor was explaining the nuances of his condition. My husband diagnosed himself with the dreaded "Paisley Heart Disease".  He's a child of the 60's, so it seems to fit. hahaha


Now for the latest sketches!











And with that, I am off to the studio for the day! Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

No comments: