Sunday, January 19, 2020

Short, Sweet, and Simple

Yes, I am really writing a short blog posting today! 
I hope you enjoy.
I have a friend who likes teal blue fabrics. She asked me to make her a microwave bowl. I've never made one and I thought I might give it a try. Things here on the homestead have been rather chaotic though, so I have only gotten as far as pulling some fabric choices:

I've also started a quilt-along that is partially appliqué and partially pieced. I spent hours pulling fabrics for this one. I've changed my mind several times so far and probably will do so, even more! 

This was the first day's work:

 The second day you can see some leaves and a bowl have been added:

 The third day shows more leaves added and positioning of some birds:
However, I did not like the fabrics I pulled for these birds. They are too dark and are too much like the flower pot. I tried this color and that color and nothing was coming together. Then I pulled a fabric that I thought would never work, but what the heck, right?

This, I like. I think they look like oriels. 

Time to rest. We have a three dog sofa:
I guess they can rest and I will go back to more sewing!
Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

2 comments:

Crowbat said...

You need a bigger sofa!!

Sherri said...

We also need a bigger bed. Those three take up a lot of room on a queen size bed! lol