Saturday, April 4, 2020

Funny how time flies

Sigh. I am sure I am not the only one that has a bit of burnout with all the stuff that is going on right now. I feel pretty helpless. Fabric therapy works well for me. I felt a little better after I was able to make two face masks for our local hospital. Our quilt guild made over a thousand, all together!

All the blocks are sewn in the "Quarantine Quilt" project. I now have to decide how to put them together.
I am considering sashing

Here is the "Nordic Fire" quilt top. I have since sewn on the last border (not shown) and am hoping to sandwich it and quilt it next week.
I think I have JUST enough of this green to make binding:
See that bit of green showing the wrong side of the fabric? That is about how much I might be short. The strip of green to the right is a quarter inch too narrow. I am going to try to make it all work together though. I play fabric chicken as much as I do yarn chicken. hahaha

I take breaks and cook up stuff for the family. This is a tray of chicken thighs. They were as yummy as they looked!

Back to the sock saga, you can see I have started the top of the sock. The heel is formed last.
From the photo above to the one below was about a week of crocheting,
but I have started the heel!


I got the bag panels made and quilted for my daughter's panda bag:
 There was just a little fabric left over so I made her a mug rug to match her bag:
 Front is above and back is below.

TA-DA!!! Here we have the finished bag! 
 I made a pocket for it as well and the fabric is the same that is on the backside of the mug rug.

I made another face mask. This one is for my cousin. 

 I cut up a bunch of cat fabrics and will be starting a new quilt soon.

I also finished quilting and binding one of the "Scraptastic" quilt tops:

 Our irises are blooming like crazy these days:
That's the latest from my house to yours! Happy sewing y'all!

3 comments:

Crowbat said...

You've been seriously busy!! I LOVE the NOrdic Fire quilt. Gorgeous!! And I like the black sashing-it makes the little blocks pop. You do good work!

Jaye said...

Sheesh! This would be about 12 posts for me. Please post more information! When did you start these projects (links to previous posts??)? How do you feel about the finishes? Are they gifts?

I think you probably have a very similar fabric to that green that you cna use to fill in. It won't be exact, but it might work?

Sherri said...

LOL, sorry Jaye. You are right though, I should be better about such things. The striped quilt was from back in November when I was laid up after knee surgery. The Nordic Fire was started at the beginning of the year and all the rest were done in April!!! I will try to add more info on my next post as some of these have more progress on them and I started yet another quilt. Thanks for stopping by!