Thursday, April 2, 2020

Life goes on

I think Dexter wants to make a nest on the back of the sofa.
Such a silly dog.

I am still working on the sock.
It took another week to get from the photo above to the photo below:

I came across a bit of panda fabric that I had in the scrap bin. My daughter loves pandas, so I decided to make her a bag. I am trying different layouts before sewing the 'bricks' together:

On the design wall I have some of the "Quarantine Quilt" blocks and am checking the layout of the bag I am working on. I also have a panda panel that I am going to do something with. 
This will be for my silly daughter too.

I took a break to make bread for the family:

Roxy is helping me in the kitchen.

Oops, I woke her up!
"What Momma, what?"
She had a comfortable spot. She's laying on the air conditioner vent. 
It does make for a hot kitchen though!

I have a few more blocks done for the "Quarantine Quilt"

Here's a closeup. 

I was sitting on the sofa, petting Roxy, when Loki came up between us. I wish I could have captured the disgusted look on her face. She's turned up her nose at him for being so pushy!

That's it for today. Happy sewing y'all!


3 comments:

Crowbat said...

Love the quarantine quilt! And the bread is beautiful. How do you manage such a nice color using glass pans? I always burn anything I cook in glass.

Sherri said...

Thanks! The bread is a special no-knead recipe and the glass pans are coated in butter before dumping the dough in. I can decide at two in the afternoon to make bread for supper and have fresh warm bread for supper!

Crowbat said...

Oh, I like that! Share the recipe, please?