Friday, March 3, 2023

All over the place

 I was testing a hat pattern and had the darnedest time with it! I had to use a bunch of stitch markers to mark a pattern change. I finally did get the hat made but didn't like it and I have unraveled part of it. I will try to find a way to add a brim and if that looks nice, then I'll keep it. If not, I will wind it back into a ball and save it for some other project, some other day.


I experimented with pancake batter the other day. I saw a video where pancakes were made in muffin tins. I tried that too but it was a lot more work and cleanup than I wanted to do again. I then got the brilliant idea to use a tin pie pan. I made the batter and sprinkled some blueberries on top. It baked up just fine. I flipped it onto a plate and added butter and honey. YUM!


I have made a little progress on the Mystery Quilt for my guild:

These blocks are ready to be kitted up and sent out to be assembled into a top
 for our Community Outreach group:

This is a simple Shoo-fly block for one of our BOM challenges coming up:

I am going to try to grow my own tomatoes from seed this year. They've sprouted, so that is step one! I hope I can keep them growing and can get some cherry tomatoes to eat fresh, later this summer.

Here are some more blocks for a future BOM. I had to remake one of them. Can you see why? hahaha

This is a completed top for Community Service:

Look what followed me home the other day!
I have a lot of research to do and a lot of work to do to make it run. 
I just couldn't resist bringing her home though, because I grew up in Minnesota!

MyValentine's Day flowers are still going strong. 
I did trim the stems and put them in a fresh vase.
 

This is the last Community Service quilt that I'll share with you today. 
It's just a simple strip quilt.

Finally, since I really need to send this blog post out before it gets any longer, 
here is what happened to that hat:

Sometimes ya just gotta start all over again. 
Till next time, have a crafty good day!!!
 

No comments: