Wednesday, March 15, 2023

I need a spring break!

I turned in four completed quilts at Monday's guild meeting. 
Since then I've taken photos of more tops in progress.
These are a joint effort between myself and fellow guild members.
This little one is ready to be quilted now:
and this bigger one...
and this one:
and this one...
and this one...
And finally, this one:
This one will go back out to have borders put on each side:

My husband and I go for a walk almost every day. It is dangerous for me to go on the days leading up to trash pickup because I keep finding things to carry home! I recently got a really cool chair for my desk. I love it! I think my husband is a little embarrassed by my antics though.
So one morning he was at work and I walked alone. I spied this house shaped thing. When he and I walked together, later that day, I pointed it out to my husband and he rolled his eyes.
The next morning it was still there. That afternoon, when my husband again walked with me, it was still there. I gave him my best sad puppy look and he carried it home for me. 

Since then I have stripped it of a lot of bits and pieces. I have so many plans on using this stuff! If you look closely at the second picture you might see the pennies. There were sixty-seven cents glued to the little house! I can't imagine tossing this to the curb. 
  


On a more practical note, I made a pair of potholders the other day. I loved when I used to have chickens and have several chicken-y things decorating my kitchen. 
 

In spite of my odd trash picking habit, or maybe to distract me from doing such, my husband surprised me with a really nice bouquet of flowers a few days ago! I love how these look as they have a lot of purpley pink colors in them.


Ok kids, looks like my attention needs to be elsewhere. 
Loki and Roxy are resting their heads on my knees. I wonder what they want? hmmmm
Till next time, enjoy some crafty goodness this week!!!

No comments: