Tuesday, April 4, 2023

From Shamrocks, to Tornados.....

Tornados jumble everything up and this post has been hit by one, to be sure. I'll do my best though, to make some sense of it all.

As I've been winding down the Orphan Block Challenges at the guild, I am finding unique ways to use up the last of the fabrics. There are a bunch of 2.5" squares, sewn into blocks on this one. Then there was a bunch of yellow fabric that was cut into sashing. Four of the blocks in this top were cut from one HUGE block that had been turned in. 
I can't begin to tell you about all the things I have learned as I've cut and designed and improvised while making these tops!

Back on St. Patrick's Day our son was home for Spring Break. I found these green peeps and we celebrated St Easter Patrick's Day. Ain't I clever?
"Oh Mom, really? You're not THAT funny."
"Ya Mom, why don't you feed us? I keep staring at that bag of dog food. 
Can't you take a hint?"

I can't take a hint but I did do another quilt top. This one has 3" squares and a few other odd blocks. I also had two different blue fabrics that worked nicely to make sashing on this quilt top.
    
"That's nice Mom. How about some food now?"
Just a minute Roxy.
This top is all 2.5" squares sewn into blocks.
It still needs to be sewn together.
All three dogs are on high alert.
I am a sucker for ephemera. I found these along my walk the other day.
I have no idea if or how I will use them. I just couldn't leave them laying on the side of the road.
"Hey Mom, that food bag isn't going to open itself."
This was the last quilt top that I finished last week.
It has a little bit of everything in it and leftover brownish fabric for sashing.

Here is another one of my artistic loves, crocheting. 
Sometimes you have to fix messes before you can create things.
It's all connected and I eventually tamed the mess so I could continue on with my project.
"Look Mom. Look at me. I am beautiful. 
Feed ME!"
Before they decide to take a bite out of the furniture, I best feed the beasts. I hope you've enjoyed my whirlwind of a blog posting today. We just had a real life tornado pass less than a mile from our home in Arkansas this past weekend. We are fine, as is the house. Lots are hurting in our community though. It's been wonderful, seeing the town pull together to help one another. There is hope for humanity. This is how we should be.

Till next time, happy crafting....and be nice to your neighbors....
 

No comments: