Monday, April 24, 2023

Making Happy

 Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy! We are in camping season here in the south. The temps are perfect. We do have to dodge tornados but mostly the weather this time of year, is divine. 

At times though, we DO have a little lake in the backyard.

Inside the house I keep rolling along with the donation quilts. This particular one has given me fits. I have since removed the side borders and the top and bottom black strips. I also cut down the green/purple fat strips. I am not sure what I will try next. You'll have to come back next time to see if I solved the issues.

This quilt top is done. It has the weirdest fabrics in it. 
The striped fabric almost looks like fingers.

This one in progress is another one that isn't coming together easily.
I did sew it together after I took this photo. I need to decide what to add on the sides now.

This one is done. Fellow guild members helped with several steps.

I used the same pattern idea for this quilt top too. 
It was also helped along by fellow guild members.

I almost went to a treadle convention. I have this Franklin that I want to restore. 
She's such a pretty machine. Sadly one of our dogs got sick and we had to cancel.
(the dog is ok now)

This is a needle that I took out of the old Minnesota machine.
I think it's past its best use date. 

When we go camping at our favorite state park, we pass this tree (photo on the left). It was strange then, when we went for a hike and found the smaller version along the trail (photo on the right).
 

This donation quilt is almost done. 
I will be adding a black border around it, to frame it.

This top is now finished and ready to be quilted.

All this quilting has tired out the dogs. 
I laid down so they had places to lay next to me. 

I just finished this quilt top. I really like this pattern. 
It was so simple and used up a bunch of scrap strips.

I hope you are all having a nice spring. 
Till next time, happy crafting!!!



No comments: