Sunday, May 7, 2023

Goodness Snakes Alive!

As I was almost back home from a walk in the neighborhood, this gorgeous King Snake crossed the road in front of me. He was a good four foot long. He's a very beneficial snake to have in the area. I believe he's the first one I've ever seen. He slithered off into the brush between our house and the neighbor's house.

The Mister is still making brownie points with me by keeping me stocked with cut flowers. I love it!

There's only one more month of making Orphan Blocks into quilts for the guild's charity.
Then this challenge will end.
It's been a huge learning experience for me.
I've learned color and cutting and sewing tips galore!

My daughter and son-in-law sent me an early Mother's Day Card.
Roxy was so impressed that she had to take a nap.

Another quilt top from the orphan block stash is finished.

This one gave me fits and after ripping out several steps, I ended up and finished it this way. The photograph doesn't do it justice and it actually turned out better than I expected.

I finished the borders on this one and it is ready to hand off to the quilters. 
It is yet another orphan quilt.

Roxy is done with her nap.

I am working on a flannel quilt and needed some more flannel 
so I cut up The Mister's flannel bathrobe:
Yes, I really did this! Results to be shown next time.

Roxy is helping me 'wash' dishes.

That's all for today! Till next time, enjoy your crafts!
 

No comments: