Sunday, July 30, 2023

Cycle-Up

I've been working on learning more about clothing construction. This top has armholes that are a tad small. I plan to put a V shaped insert in it, under the arms, to enlarge it. So far I've carefully picked apart the seams in preparation for the insert.

While shopping at a local thrift store I came across this cover. It's like a huge pillowcase that buttons shut on one end. I think it might have been for a futon. It covers the cushions on my sofa just fine! I even got two matching pillow shams that also cover the pillows that came with the sofa. I love it!

I dug out a pair of 50+ year old, big-bell, bellbottom jeans, the other day. They are stained with paint. I over-dyed them to freshen up the teal coloring. Next I will change the paint stains into an art statement. By the time I figure out what to do, I should be able to fit into them again!

Here's another project. I have redone this one several times and still do not like how it fits. My next endeavor will be to gather the too wide back and sew a trim over it to hold it.

These are the last of the leftover fabrics from the Orphan Block project. I laid out the segments, added some sashing that matches some of the block prints, and then added the green border. It's a sweet little happy quilt now!

 

The next challenge I will be presenting to my guild is the paint chip challenge. I actually got the idea from a project that Art Quilt Maker is doing with 'Pantone Project' color cards. The pattern I'm using has white and black fabrics as a base. Members will pick a paint chip out of a bag, without seeing what they are getting. They have to use colors from that chip to use for the third fabric. 

My paint chip had several shades I could use. I love how this turned out!


I have the first segment of the Peanut Butter quilt sewn together now. I need to cut more strips to join the rest of the blocks. I think it's going to turn out cute too, if I say so myself.
Till next time, happy sewing and crafting!
 

No comments: