Tuesday, August 15, 2023

A moment of Zen

 Dex often keeps his eyes on me. I often look up from crocheting to see him staring at me. I don't know if he just loves me that much or is trying mind tricks to get me to get him some treats!

This is the afghan I was working on. It's crocheted and was made for one of my sons. The photos don't capture the richness of the colors. I'll be sending it to him for Christmas.

In quilting news, I finished this top. It's called the Peanut Butter quilt. It has nothing to do with peanut butter. The designer has a dog named Peanut Butter and named her pattern after her dog. hahaha

This was a panel that I got off the freebie table at my guild. I backed it with strips of flannel and no batting as I DO live in the south. It rarely gets cold enough to have a super warm quilt. I donated this to our Community Service group and it will be given to someone in need.

Unbeknownst to me, The Mister took a photo of me, sewing away in my studio. It made me realize how Zen-like I feel when sewing. It's really the best therapy for me.
That's it for today. Till next time, go grab yourself a moment of Zen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the afghan colors! The peanut butter name is just strange