Sunday, August 27, 2023

It's too hot

This is the tag from a new shirt I recently purchased. 
It's made from teeshirt material. 
Read it closely!
I laughed when I read it. I think it's great to have such a sense of humor and makes this shirt even more pertinent to me, as I have been told I am a tad quirky sometimes.

I've started another mosaic crochet blanket. It doesn't look like much yet, but it's actually going quite quickly this time! The colors do not show up at all. It's a pale teal blue and navy blue color.

I worked up these little cuties. They will be next month's challenge block for the guild. It's nice to have several color ways so I can show how important it is to have contrast.

I found this simple gray teeshirt at a local thrift store. The white dolphin and some of the wave lines were made with vinyl appliqué and they had started to peel off. I used a pressing sheet with a very hot iron and ironed it back down, good and solid! I then played with some fabric paint to make it more interesting.

It's nothing fancy but I want to learn how to do more art works on clothes, so this is a good way to practice.

We've had quite a hot summer, as many have, this year. 
I think it's been so hot that it broke the weather station:
Look at the actual high and lo readings too.
It actually got to 104 that day. Oh my.

I'm ready for autumn! 
Till next time, stay cool, like me!

No comments: