Tuesday, August 10, 2021

finishes and stuff

In early summer there is a crepe myrtle outside my window that blooms into wonderful flowers.
In fall and winter those blossoms have turned into food for the cardinals and blue jays.
I wonder if my houseplants are jealous?

I finished this wall hanging.
It's the first quilt that I have finished in a long long time. 

I've done more crocheting than quilting. I made this little scarf for a friend.

Dexter is ever vigilant, making sure I am doing everything the right way
. . . and probably watching for me to drop crumbs!

I actually finished a SECOND quilt! 
This one is a bed sized one.
This quilt actually sat on my quilting table, partially started, with a needle in the fabric, for months! I started it and just left it sitting there on the table, waiting for me to come back. The pattern is "Nordic Fireside" by Piecing the Past Quilts. I used a lot of colors that I normally don't work with. It wasn't a hard pattern, just the timing of the whole thing. I am happy to have it completed.

Uh-oh, I think Dexter is tired of waiting for me. 
Time to go. Until next time, happy crafting everyone!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! Lots of nice finishes. I really admire your applique'. I aspire to it, but it just never happens. Is space an issue with your quilting?

Sherri said...

No, space is pretty good for quilting. Being in the mood to quilt had escaped me for a long long time. I have a sit-down machine with extensions. It's a Handyquilter Sweet16.

Thanks for stopping by!