Sunday, August 15, 2021

What goes around is square

  A number of years ago I made a quilt using this block design. I am presenting it to the guild as a challenge block when we next meet up. It's pretty simple but makes a nice quilt top when done.


I attempted to make meat pies the other night. I used canned roast beef, (not corned beef) hash and a slice of Swiss cheese in each. They were not too bad but I don't think I will make them again. I dunno why I like experimenting when cooking, but I do. I guess I get bored, making the same thing over and over.
  
I dug out the toy Singer that is from my husband's side of the family. I toyed with selling it. Get it? I TOYED with selling it! hahaha
With a little oil and help from The Mister, we got it running and even sewed a bit with it! I guess it will stay in the family a while longer.

I experimented in the kitchen again and made a blueberry cake with powdered sugar icing. The icing was too thick. The cake was delicious!
I am slowly sorting through all the orphan blocks I asked for, at the guild last month. I have this kit ready to go for a new challenge we are starting. 
The bowtie blocks were all hand sewn! I added some swan print green fabric and this will make a nice twin bed quilt someday.

That's all for today! Till next time, happy crafting y'all!


No comments: